Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I have had a lovely Mother's Day weekend which has surprised me somewhat as after my disappointment on Friday I was not expecting to.

Murray was able to come home yesterday and today for a few hours each time which was lovely. We had a family lunch for Mother's Day today, I received a surprise bunch of flowers (anyone want to own up so I can thank you???), and last night I was able to go out to dinner with my Special-Needs-Christian-Mums-in-the-Hills friends (Kath weren't you going to come up with a better name for us?  And a logo??) which was just what I needed.

This morning I loved getting the gifts my girls had chosen for me from the school Mother's Day stall - I never knew how much I needed a solar powered dancing flower until today.  Ashlea hasn't been at school so didn't have a gift for me - but look what she pulled out at lunch time!  I think all up she ate about 4 mouthfuls of custard, 1 or 2 cheese and bacon balls and 2 or 3 spoonfuls of ice cream.  What a great Mother's Day present!

I hope you all had a great day too.


7 comments:

T said...

Yeahhh - Go Ashleaa!
I love that Ashlea is eating, and was surprised how clear her speech is and how well she can form sentences.

Clever girl Ashlea! Happy Mothers Day x

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Solar-powered dancing flowers are awesome!

Sooo glad you've had a good weekend.

Been thinking of you, Susan xx

PS: Maybe I should have taken Ashlea's request for banana seriously on Thursday!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Alison, gee you always make me laugh! Hilarious about the flower! ;) ashlea has great taste in cheese and bacon balls! Happiest of mothers day to you xxxxx

Gina said...

Yay for a good Mothers Day - so glad it turned out better than you thought.
Solar powered dancing flower... oh wow! Gotta say... little bit envious :-)
onwards and upwards...
xx

Anonymous said...

Ashlea seems to know what she wants alright! I hope she has a great day at school on Wednesday.

Glad to know that you and Murray had a nice meal together!

Lots of love from Fay.

Emily said...

Brilliant news that Murray could come home for the day...LOVING Ashlea's eating, what a legend she is!

Anonymous said...

That's so great that Murray could come home and so wonderful that Ashlea ate that food - wow! So many difficulties in your days, Alison, but what a great thing to happen on Mother's Day.

love
Julie K