Saturday, May 26, 2012

Oh Crap

My best laid plans to get Murray home today have turned to crap. Literally. Ashlea has gastro - I am typing this update from the ED - we are getting admitted shortly.

This morning I had to go up to Murray's hospital and convince the nurses that I should NOT bring him home. I think the bed had been allocated to someone else but I told them I would most likely have to take Ashlea to the ED this afternoon and they decided it would be best for Murray to stay in hospital for a couple more days. There is no way I could supervise him AND stay with Ashlea at the same time. Also he only has one kidney now too - gastro is a BIG deal for kidney patients and the last thing he needs.

So Ashlea is currently in resus but we are getting admitted to the ward shortly. Thankfully there was a very sensible nurse running triage who saw us in the queue and brought us straight to the desk and from there we were brought straight in. It never surprises me how many 'not that sick kids' are in the triage queue - thankfully we bypassed them all.

We are hopefully going up to Variety ward soon - where everyone is either contagious or at risk of contagion so it is all single rooms. I can't handle shared rooms anymore!

I'm not sure how long we'll be here. Ashlea is pretty miserable. Please pray for her recovery - and also for the rest of the family not to catch it...

7 comments:

Sheridan said...

Oh Alison, I am so sorry!!! You must feel like you just can't win a trick!

Praying for all of you. Hang in there.
xxx

Lacey said...

Oh crap is right! Can't you have some calm for just two seconds? Praying she gets well soon, so that hubby of yours can get home where he belongs!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh crap indeed. Stay strng guys and Ashlea get better asap xxxx may your visit be very boring :)

Deb L said...

Boy! There seems to be a hurdle at every turn! Thanking God that it didn't all blow up when Murray was already home without the option of a bed for him in rehab. Praying for you for strength and grace under this mountain of disasters.

Missy said...

Poor darling...hoep she is on the mend asap and that your hospita stay is a short one. And importantly I realy hope that YOU dont get sick. Thank goodness it all happened before you bought Murray home. Take care xxx

ferfischer said...

OH blech! You just can't make this up, can you! I hope everyone is better and home quickly!

Anonymous said...

This just sucks, it really does.

Can't help but comment on the not-that-sick kids in emergency. I know people who would do things like wait til the evening and take the sick kid to emergency because it was too hard to take more than one kid to the GP. They they whine about how long the wait is.... No sympathy sweetie, I'm too busy trying not to slap you for being stupid.