Friday, May 25, 2012

One more sleep!!!

One more sleep until Murray comes home!

He keeps asking me if it is a definite thing - I don't think he wants to get excited just in case it doesn't happen. I've told him not to worry - I'm going to MAKE it happen!

Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since his injury. In some ways it seems like it has been a very long 8 weeks, in other ways it feels like it is 8 weeks that have flown by. Or maybe it's not that they've flown by - they've just become a blur in my mind!

We are really looking forward to all being together again.

I am wondering though if some of you who haven't seen Murray for over 2 months are thinking "What on earth will I say to him after all this???"  The good news is he is still the same person as he was before so just talk to him the way you always have.  His short term memory can still be a bit patchy but it is improving all the time.  However you can imagine that after eight weeks of getting your memory tested multiple times a day the novelty has worn off - we’d love to have visitors but please don’t try and help him by testing his memory.  Or mine for that matter (no I still haven't found the wedding ring...).

One more sleep...




2 comments:

E. said...

Great news!

Missy said...

I am so excited for you all. Enjoy being a family all under the same roof x x