Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Therapy

After the last 9 1/2 weeks I am seriously in need of some therapy.

The therapy I feel that I need to indulge in at the moment is IKEA THERAPY.  I don't feel the need to talk to a psychologist or pastor or even a good friend.  I feel the need to go to IKEA.  I need storage solutions.  I need to try to create order out of some of the chaos.  Don't get me wrong - I am happy to talk to my friends - just so long as it is while they accompany me to Ikea.

If only I  had more storage (specifically more Expedits) in my house things would be so much more manageable.  My brain is so cluttered at the moment after everything that has happened that the physical clutter in my house is pushing me over the edge.  I'm convinced that if I can deal with the physical clutter it might help with the mental clutter.

Anyone else believe in Ikea therapy?  It is possibly to have too many Expedit storage systems?? Who is free to come to Ikea with me???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love ikea, but can only get there at night - so i could happily take you tomorrow night if you wanted....whatever time suited...let me know.. Kara

Fiona said...

You always make me laugh!
And I could not agree more.
Whenever I am feeling overwhelmed for some reason I organize stuff.
Or (shhh) throw stuff away.

I'm actually off to Ikea next week, but our local store might be a bit far away for you ;-)

Judy said...

I like your idea of ikea therapy. I think it will work. I am a huge fan of storage. And no you can never have too much storage in your house.

Sybil said...

I agree, Ikea therapy is the way to go. And I agree that dealing with the physical clutter will help with the mental and emotional clutter.

Deb said...

Totally, totally with you. IKEA it up! And if I can't get to IKEA, cleaning off the kitchen bench helps me a little. If I can see the bench, I'm a little less likely to yell at the next person I see.

n0thingbuteverything said...

I would love to take a trip to Ikea with you. Just will be a bit further of a drive for one of us....
It's one of my favourite forms of therapy too. Enjoy x

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Here here for storage therapy!!!! I think you and I should join Fona at her local Ikea! Just a quick trip to Switzerland would be fantastic therapy too! ;) hope you knocked yoursself out with storage solutions! Yay for eliminating clutter in your home and mind xxxxx

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh and to Deb- i have the same bench issues and reactions!;)

The Trousdell Five said...

I love it! Brilliant idea!