A little Friday afternoon update...
Murray is almost ready to finish his rehab program. Unfortunately there are no places available for him with the Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service at present so he may go back to school for awhile. There is a basic computer course at TAFE that he is well and truly over qualified for but may attend as preparation for returning to work.
Emma started the Enhanced Exposure Therapy trial for her anxiety this week. Without realising what it would entail she picked 'fear of vomit' as her biggest phobia and now has to work through a hierarchy of exposure related tasks. She is not looking forward to going back as she knows that next on the list is looking at pictures of vomit. And yes I do have to stay in the room with her during the session. And yes I do share the vomit phobia so it is going to be fun for both of us.
Ashlea is an absolute delight. She is having a ball at school, her kidney function is great, she is happy and cheeky and putting her Ashlea spin on everything as usual. For example - the Ashlea spin on Sunday school - can you work out what she is talking about here:
Me: What was the story about in Sunday School Ashlea?
Ashlea: It was about the pigs. He want to eat their food.
Audrey is being her lovely low-maintenance self. She was very proud of this piece of work she brought home from school yesterday. The teacher says its not time to worry about her progress. Yet. But those hobos and their rambopants have me a little worried...
I have had a very up and down week which has included the following:
- arguing with nurses about supplies (down - I lost that round),
- scoring free tickets to Bandaged Bear's Big Day Out (up)
- wondering how we're going to afford to pay the bills and buy food (down)
- having to deal with Centrelink (way down)
- but then receiving 4 roast dinners, a bag of fruit and veg and having my Carers Payment approved (up again)
- and then realising that as Carer Payment recipients we can get the van registered for free thus saving us nearly $500 (bonus up)
How was your week? Did the ups or the downs win??