Friday, September 21, 2012

Indulge Me

This week I finally got around to converting all of my video tapes of the girls in the NICU to DVD....which means I can now upload them to youtube and share them with you all (just what you've all been waiting for I know!).

Here is Audrey's story - I was very restrained and condensed my many hours of video down to just 2 minutes - and I took out anything gory and all the NICU sounds (those wretched alarms) so as not to traumatise any fellow NICU veterans.

The Story of Audrey:


7 comments:

Melissa said...

That must have been quite tough- deleting those alarms must make you an editing genius. The sound of those alarms causes me to break a sweat even after 13 years!!! Well done Alison- a very special video!

Alison said...

Melissa - I made sure I had the sound turned off completely until I had deleted all the audio and I deliberately didn't watch the unedited footage of the birth and Audrey's resuscitation - it is horrifying.

Missy said...

Oh Alison, please dont feel you have to keep it two minutes!!!

I didnt realise Audrey had to be resuscitated :(

Gosh they were tiny Alison, she has come such a long way, such a beautiful big girl now.

Hope there are more videos coming!

Alison said...

Missy - Audrey actually took a LOT longer to intubate and stabilise than Ashlea. It is horrifying to watch the footage as she is my 'healthy' one - to think she may not have made it out of the delivery room makes me feel sick.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Alison, I lost it at the twin cuddle, what amazing footage to have and thankyou for sharing it xxxx

ferfischer said...

awwww. I love it. I also loved the twin cuddle. Hugs!

Di said...

So beautiful. And amazing to watch. Has Audrey watched it? Thanks for sharing xx