Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mmmm....bacon.....

Today is Father's Day.

We celebrated with bacon and a Fabo Father's Day present for Murray.


After many coffees and hot chocolates - and bacon - we sat outside in the sun enjoying the lovely spring weather.  Of course I decided it would be a good idea to try and get a family photo.  You know how that usually goes.

These are the only shots we got where no one had a finger up their nose or was blowing a raspberry.





The significance of Father's Day has not been lost on me this year.  Murray gave Ashlea a kidney this year.  He nearly died this year.  It could have been a very different day for us.

With that in mind I decided to take more pictures - of Murray and his girls.





I even got one of Murray and I.  I really wish I knew how to photoshop out wrinkles and grey hair...


Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there - with extra special wishes to all the super amazing dads who have given their kids the gift of life - there are no words to thank you for what you've done.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So beautiful Alison! You have so much to be grateful for and so much to be exhausted about. You are such a gem to see the sunshine in the day. No need for photoshop- you are all gorgeous just the way you are. Bacon must be the ultimate food for Dad..the stink of pork is filling my house today!!! ewwwwwwwwwww

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Happiest of days to Murray xx your girls certainly look like their dad! Yum for coffee and our house too has a certain bacon stench about it!

alice said...

I can't tell you how much this post and these pictures move me. Amazing. xxx

Missy said...

Oh Alison, what gorgeous pics of ALL of you! What a year you have all had...Happy Father's Day to you Murray...you have given the gift of life to your beautiful daughter Ashlea...there are certainly no words to be able to express how amazing you are and the miracle in what you have done..so instead, happy Fathers day and enjoy your coffee and bacon!

p.s I cant wait to have some of that coffee soon!!!

T said...

Beautiful pictures Alison - Happy Father's Day Murray!

The Trousdell Five said...

This is not really related to father's day, but what pretty, happy girls you have. I love the photos - especially the family ones!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos! And the family pics are great! They do exactly what family pics should do - showing the personalities of all the different family members. A very special fathers day indeed xx Di