Monday, September 24, 2012

Thankful

I am going to follow up last weeks ugly post with a thankful post - because I have been reminded this week of how much I have to be thankful for.

The first thing I have to be thankful for is that people are obviously still praying for us.  Since that post last Monday I have had an abundance of good things including:

  • a basketful of groceries from our church family

  • a gift of cash at just the right time.  A dear bloggy friend is coming to visit us next week and I was wondering how we would be able to afford to go out and have some fun with her.  I even thought to myself wouldn't it be lovely if God just 'dropped some money into our laps' so we could enjoy the school holidays.  Of course I didn't expect it to happen.  And then He dropped some money into our laps.  On the first day of the school holidays.

  • the sunshine - what a fabulous start to the holidays!

  • brunch in the sunshine, morning tea, afternoon tea, a lunch and two dinners with kindred spirits - all in the space of a few days.

  • and to top it off a little Ashlea miracle.  Just when I thought there might not be any more milestones from her (I was told that children with CP typically reach their physical potential by age 6) she did this:

Look Mum - no hands.  She stood without holding on for at least 10 seconds - and then she did it again and again!





So you see I have many, many things to be thankful for.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely Ashlea miracle, Alison.
love from Julie K

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh wow Alison look Ashlea!!!, amazing.
Sounds like your school holidays might be amazing!
Can you please email me your postal address as
I have a bandana to send to Ashlea too :)
Coopersmum76@yahoo.com.au

Missy said...

I am thankful too...for all of the above.

Especially that beautiful standing!! You best tell Miss Ashlea she has to show me that!!

Deb said...

Hello awesomeness!!!

Rachael said...

WOW! Wonderful pictures too!

ferfischer said...

WOW! That is awesome! Go Ashlea!

Melissa said...

I am thankful for our lovely afternoon together. Time got away from us!!! We were a little bit late for swimming lessons :)

Anna said...

What an awesome milestone! So glad things have been better for you xox

Di said...

Oh I love this so much. Ashlea really is amazing :). And I am thankful you have so much to be thankful for. You deserve all the goodness that comes your way xx Di

Di said...

Oh I love this so much. Ashlea really is amazing :). And I am thankful you have so much to be thankful for. You deserve all the goodness that comes your way xx Di