The first thing I have to be thankful for is that people are obviously still praying for us. Since that post last Monday I have had an abundance of good things including:
- a basketful of groceries from our church family
- a gift of cash at just the right time. A dear bloggy friend is coming to visit us next week and I was wondering how we would be able to afford to go out and have some fun with her. I even thought to myself wouldn't it be lovely if God just 'dropped some money into our laps' so we could enjoy the school holidays. Of course I didn't expect it to happen. And then He dropped some money into our laps. On the first day of the school holidays.
- the sunshine - what a fabulous start to the holidays!
- brunch in the sunshine, morning tea, afternoon tea, a lunch and two dinners with kindred spirits - all in the space of a few days.
- and to top it off a little Ashlea miracle. Just when I thought there might not be any more milestones from her (I was told that children with CP typically reach their physical potential by age 6) she did this:
Look Mum - no hands. She stood without holding on for at least 10 seconds - and then she did it again and again!
So you see I have many, many things to be thankful for.