Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Twins Once More

Most of you who have been following our story for awhile will know that one thing I have really struggled with over the years has been how different my identical twins look.  I have often felt sad at the loss of their twinship and their differences are often a trigger for thoughts of 'how things could / should have been'.

When my twins actually do something at the same time, or look in any way twin-like I make sure I take lots of pictures!

So here they are - my twins - each missing a top front tooth.  I think this is the first time EVER they have reached a 'milestone' at the same time!




Audrey's loose tooth may have been helped on it's way just so I could get this shot...I couldn't rightly say...

Ahem.

And for those who know my kids you will also know that trying to take a photo is always a bit of a disaster so here are the out-takes....










Aussie Wordless Wednesday.

20 comments:

Redcliffe Style said...

Haha, such great photos. So much happiness in them. Rachel x

Aroha @ Colours of Sunset said...

love it! i've always thought twins were so lucky - it's like undoubtedly having a best friend for life. They certainly look like they're best mates!

K said...

Too cute!! :)

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Beautiful girls xxx hope to see many more twin moments captured xxxx

Cathy said...

Always hard to get a pic of my boys together as well. They don't keep still! Your girls are beautiful - lots of love and happiness shining through these photos :)

jMo said...

They do look like twins there, love the toothless look, lol.

Yvette Bowyer said...

what gorgeous photos!! Very twinlike!! :)

Thea said...

Gorgeous, that's my giggle for the day done! :)

Grace said...

Oh my goodness, they're the best of friends!! Such gorgeous smiles - missing tooth and all! :)

Alicia said...

They are awesome photos. So happy, and to me, they look like two peas in a pod :)

Annaleis Topham said...

Gorgeous girls! That first tooth is special must be great to share the experience with someone.

Mattie said...

So cute! It must be because we haven't seen pics of Audrey in a while, but she looks so grown up here, much like Emma a couple weeks ago!

carmen said...

I always love the outtakes better than the "real" ones. ;) Gorgeous girls! x

Missy said...

Just love these pics. I know that loss of twinship was one of my biggest fears. We have been lucky I guess in so many ways. I love that they have reached this milestone together. Whether or not it may have been helped along....well um who cares??!!! Gappy gorgeous girls!!!!!

Michelle said...

They look a lot alike in the first picture!

Congrats to Audrey - did the tooth fairy come?

ritaazar2 said...

Your twins are gorgeous!

Ms George {Life at the Coop} said...

They are just gorgeous and so full of joy. Thanks for sharing!

Alison said...

Thanks everyone!

Yes the tooth fairy did come - although she may have initially forgotten (oops). She may have then been charged an extra dollar in interest :)

Tamara said...

What a special moment to record. what a lovely candid photo and both girls are so happy

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

(hugs) I can't imagine Alison the should've beens.

They do so much alike in the first photo. Very cute .