Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 1

As someone who is generally better at practising grumbliness than thankfulness I have decided that for the month of November I am going to try being thankful.  Everyday.  Surely it can't be that hard to come up with some things to be thankful for?  Often I find it easier to focus on what I don't have - but seriously compared to a very large percentage of the world's population - I have plenty.  Way more than plenty.

To kick off today I am thankful for...

- warm, sunny spring days;

- the therapy that is knitting and nattering with a good friend - alternatively known as a stitch and b*tch session;

- that the things I was looking forward to this week have actually happened - coffee with a friend, a fun kindy excursion and a day at home to myself (total luxury);

- Thursday dinners with Super Neighbours Kate & Greg;

- a party invitation for Miss Ashlea;

- angels in disguise - also known as lovely friends who pay for your car repairs;

- a Coles voucher in the letter box;

- a house to live in that hasn't recently been inundated by flood, fire or storm;

- enough Kangaroo pump bags in my supply cupboard to allow me to use a fresh one every day for the rest of the year (it's the little things people);

- that I have a nice clean desk job to go back to.


This is Ashlea milking the cow on the kindy farm excursion this week.  One poor farm girls job was to sit behind the cow with a bucket to catch it's poop and wee.  I think we can all be thankful that we don't have that job!

Want to join in?  Leave your thankfulness or a link to it in the comments.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Love Love Love this post. I am joining in too. I have written here:
http://www.blogaboutabloke.com/2012/11/30-days-of-thankfulness-day-1.html
Thanks so much for posting this.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Wow that is a heap of things to be thankful for for only a day!!!!! Awesome! I would love to join in too! Thanks for a positive November! Love the knitting idea too :)

Felicity said...

I am SO thankful that my husband JUST surprised me by walking in the door! Yay :-) He's home for 3 days. Woohoo!

T said...

Love it! I will be joining in too..when I write my blog later - I've had writers block so it will be a nice prompt.

Ps. Loving that Ashlea is milking a cow!!

Alison said...

Thanks for joining in Anna, Bron and T - I will try and get us a linky even!

Felicity - what a great surprise!!

Heda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heda said...

1. Having to spend two days in Ballarat for work.
2. Catching up with my old friend Gill who lives in rural Victoria.
3. Staying in a warm, comfortable hotel that is adjacent to a pub that serves beaut meals and good beer.

Alison said...

Heda - that pub sounds great!