Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 10

Today I am thankful for:

- a quiet day at home;

- a visit from Grandma;

- a Grandma who brings not one but TWO chocolate cakes with her when she visits;

- and gifts of cash to put towards the kids Christmas presents;

- that Grandma has more patience for having her photo taken than other family members who shall remain nameless;



- that we have so far remained nit free despite the apparent infestation in Emma's class (although I can't tell you how itchy my head gets every time I even think the word nits);

- tissues - running out of tissues during a snot-fest has made me appreciate them anew;

- the smell of salt-free raisin bread baking in the bread maker;

- my bread maker;

- electricity to power all the things I consider necessities - like bread makers, coffee machines, computers, TVs etc - none of which are actual necessities.


What are you thankful for today?







2 comments:

Heda said...

I'm thankful:
1. For the weekend.
2. That yesterday afternoon the little wild grey cat gathered enough courage to take himself upstairs to sleep on the spare bed for 4 hours - woo hoo!
3. That Alison set this challenge because thankfully it is getting easier to come up with thankfuls every day which can only be good for me and those who have to put up with me.

Alison said...

I'm glad you're finding it helpful - I am too!