Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 11

Today is Remembrance Day.  I am thankful for:

- all the Australian men and women who have served our county;

- in particular I am thankful for my Grandfather and his brother who served at Gallipoli and on the Western Front in World War 1;

- their other brother who was imprisoned on the Thai Burma railway in World War 2;

- and my Grandfather's eldest son who died in New Guinea also in World War 2;

- the resulting freedom to vote, think, speak and worship however I choose;

- lazy  Sunday afternoons in the backyard;

- a little brother for my girls.  I can hear you all falling off your chairs - don't panic!  I'm not having a baby boy!  I'm talking about this little guy from next door (Super Neighbour Boy Child?) - he is the little brother my girls don't have.  Here he is nicking off with Ashlea's walker.  His other favourite activity is to chase Emma mercilessly;


- friends who ask how you're going and actually want to know the answer;

- and then listen while you have a 20 minute rant;

- mates who persist in their friendship with Murray regardless of his brain injury.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

*Thump*

Didn't read that fast enough and accidentally fell off my chair!

Alison said...

Ha ha - sorry about that Michelle!!

Anna said...

Awww how cute is super neighbour boy child! My best mate's daughter was with us yesterday and it is so cool having a girl around!

Heda said...

Weekends are easy...
1. A long day of doing pretty much whatever I want when I want.
2. Yum cha with the usual culprits.
3. Going for a long walk.