Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 18

Today I am thankful for:

- a generous gift that means that I won't need to increase my days at work in order for us to keep paying the mortgage (that's the weight being lifted bit from yesterday).  I was worried I'd have to increase my days and that my head would explode from the stress;

- a flexible employer who has generously allowed me to care for my family on paid leave for the last 6 months;

- a flexible job to go back to that includes the ability to work from home;

- lunch with a friend;

- the kind of friend who stays and entertains your kids for the entire afternoon;

See - they're in their pj's and still being entertained!

- leftovers for dinner;

- wee catching bags and wee successfully caught (no easy feat let me tell you);

- kidney peeps bearing pee sticks to check for UTIs thus allowing me to avoid a potential Sunday night trip to the ED;

- the reassurance of knowing that if we do need to go to the ED (which we don't by the way) that it is only 10 minutes down the road.

And we pushed our luck too far...

LATE UPDATE - spoke to soon - going to the ED with suspected UTI...

4 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh no! Hope it's a quick visit x

Alison said...

Thanks Bron - all good. Just have to be super cautious with the new kidney!

Marie said...

All good as in no UTI? Yay!

Heda said...

Retrospective thankfuls tonight
1. Getting enough done to be ready for house guests and a 5 day holiday at Katoomba.
2. Cupboards big enough to hide anything that was lying around.
3. A friend who will feed the little wild cat while I am away.