Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 2

Today I am thankful for:

- the fact that it is Friday;

- clever people who invent painkillers;

- that I'm such a lightweight that two panadeine see me off my face for several hours - and that all 3 children had a full day at school so I could enjoy said effects of panadeine;

- home care workers who come and clean house so that I don't have to;

- Christmas shopping started;

- a delivery of (free) fruit and veg;

- the delight that is the first mango of the season;

- take away for dinner;

- Optional Indoor Screen Time (the opposite of COFT);

- and these two - who when I asked them for ideas for my thankful list said Mum you can be thankful that God loves you.  You should put that everyday.  That never changes.



I am also very thankful that some of you are willing to join me in being thankful.  I tried to get a linky for those who want to leave blog links - I haven't tried it out though so we'll see if it works!

I'd love to hear what you're thankful for.












6 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Love mango season! You are hilarious enjoying your panadeine xx

Anna said...

Oh I wish someone would come clean my house...!! Love the photo of the girls!

Julie and Jayden's Adventures said...

The cool of night
Lemon meringue pie and cream made by Cam
Teenagers and young adults who prefer to stop home and play games with the family on a Friday night than go out.
My comfy bed.
A well received talk at One Arvo
Homeschool friends and park days
Maths ( I know I'm weird)
Sleepytime tea
Indoor plumbing ( after 7 months of pit toilets I really appreciate this).
Online sermons.
Sunrises and the quiet of pre-dawn in Crestwood Reserve.
That'll do for the moment. I'm sure I could keep adding to it ad-infinitum. I'm with the girls too. Gotta be thankful I've experienced God's grace, Jesus salvation and the hope of eternity.

Heda said...

1. Getting back to my comfortable little home after a long week of travelling for work.
2. Getting an aisle seat on Jetstar which is a real blessing because no leg room even for me at 157 cm.
3. Remembering BEFORE the bus to the long term car park drove off that I'd checked my luggage in!

Eiluv2Write said...

I LOVE this idea of this blog. I have many 'journals' that i have handwritten it and for awhile I did this.
and that gratitude towards the pharmaceutical companies, is probably one the things I am most thankful for too! funny stuff...keep it coming! : )

Alison said...

Thanks for joining in Anna and Bron.

Julie - you are obviously doing something very right with your boys!

Heda - lovely to meet another shorty :)

Eiluv2write - I too am quite thankful for pharmaceutical companies and their products :)