Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 20

Today I am thankful for:

- a cultured wee specimen that proved I was right - Ashlea does have a UTI - and while I'm not glad she's got one I am glad my instinct was right!  I need to rely on it a lot with her as she does not let on that anything is wrong until it is VERY wrong;

- a creatinine of 36 in spite of the UTI;

- knowing how to work the hospital system;

Watch the triage nurse shoot out from behind her desk
when I arrive wearing a mask

- an invitation to an event for special kids - Dream Night at the Zoo - I don't have any more details other than it is a special evening at the zoo for sick kids.  Only 50 children from our hospital get chosen and we were one of the lucky ones!

- Super Neighbour Kate starting her Christmas puddings early - and having one that needed taste testing;

- Emma's enthusiasm for school band;

Of course my child is the one that can't get a noise out of the flute
but aced the trumpet


- forgiving neighbours;

- industrial strength headphones;

- the hint of a whiff of a rumour that we might be nearing the top of the home mods list - meaning a wheelchair accessible bathroom could be on it's way!!


7 comments:

Anna said...

Oh no, I am sorry to hear it was a UTI. Hope she recovers quickly. Fingers crossed the home mods come quickly!

Missy said...

As parents we are certainly our child's expert and just knowing something is not quite right is enough to act. I am NOT glad she has a UTI but glad you were spot on. Can't be having UTI's!
It is also very handy knowing how to work the system!

Ooooh how fantastic for a bathroom renovation, that would certainly make your bathroom more accessible!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Sounds like a bunch of good things starting to happen! Yum to the pudding and hooray for the trumpet!

Heda said...

All caught up on thankfuls...
1. For cold foggy mountain mornings.
2. For central heating.
3. For the kindness of strangers towards a 91 year old.

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

What is this Home Mods list of which you speak, and why have I not been on this list for the past 6 years??

Please tell me more!

Alison said...

Susan - subsidized home modifications. I think on something big like a bathroom you pay $5000 and then 20% of the remainder of the cost but repayment plans are very flexible AND apparently there is 'money in the pot' at the moment so things are getting approved! Ask your OT!! I'll tell you more on Thursday :)

K said...

I just wanted to say that I love your "thankfulness" posts! :) Your blog brings sunshine to my day!