Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 21

Apparently today is World Television Day (the internet told me so it must be true).  I'm not quite sure what the point of the day is - but as someone with a love of television I thought I would add it to my list of things to be thankful for.

Today I am thankful for:

- the large screen TV handed down to us by friends when they upgraded;

- that it is so big I can even read the screen without my glasses;

- the mind numbing chill out time provided by the big TV;

- the peace and quiet that Peppa Pig and the Teletubbies on the small TV bring;

- Emma's bravery at anxiety therapy last night.  We went on a field trip and engaged in 'high risk' behaviour - eating scary foods (the last sushi roll at the end of the day), touching garbage bins and hand rails and all sorts of things and then eating, riding escalators alone and sitting in a pitch black movie theatre;

Yum - Salmonella Sushi Roll

- my own bravery at letting her do all those things.  Anyone who knows me well will know how I feel about dodgy sushi rolls and how I like to wash my hands after touching everything at the shops.  I kept my mouth shut (except for encouraging Emma) - although I may have been sanitizing my hands whenever her back was turned;

- that maybe the anxiety therapists are right - maybe nothing really bad happens when you do those scary things (I am not 100% convinced yet.... but it seems they might be on to something - we are all still standing);

- Centrelink dealings taken care of for another 3 months;

- a huge walking day for Ashlea at school today - apparently she was out of her wheelchair from recess until home time!




5 comments:

Anna said...

Well done to Emma (and you!) for doing all those things! Sounds like a good program!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Great to hear about the walking! Great job to Emma on achieving good outcomes from the program xx

Heda said...

Good on Emma. Sounds like amazing progress is being made.
Today is...
1. A sunny day with lots of walking and wonderful views.
2. For texts and emails to keep in touch with people not fortunate enough to be holidays.
3. For a quiet evening in the holiday cottage after a houseful of visiting nieces for the past three days.

Missy said...

Proud of you Emma!

and you too Alison!

Anonymous said...

Great work Emma!

However, I wouldn't eat the last sushi roll at the end of the day. That is just common sense!