Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 24

Today I am thankful for:

- a spot of Christmas shopping done;

- a spa chosen;


- the adventure of taking Ashlea into the shops in her walker.  I asked her if she wanted to walk or wheel and she said Walk!  I wasn't convinced that would be such a good idea and was umming and aahing about what to do when Ashlea piped up again with SHE SAID WALK!  So she walked;



- not too many people's heels clipped;

- the love of a girl and her duck - we found her favourite toy in the shop;


- getting out of Toys R Us alive (and possibly with a new ABC Duck...);



- a good idea from Aunty Carolin about how the Lions Club offer of yesterday could be put to use (shade cloth over the spa);

- dinner tonight with my Christian Special Needs Mums group - a great bunch of women who truly get it;

- that Aunty Carolin is home tonight to do the bedtime medication routine meaning I don't have to wait until Ashlea is in bed to go out.

6 comments:

Deb said...

The more she walks, the more she walks! So exciting to see her determination. The spa looks awesome. Have a great time tonight.

Melissa said...

Hurray to the spa!!! What did the girls find in Toys R Us that we could add to the Santa wish list?????

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Spa sounds perfect ! Have a wonderful dinner tonight xx

Heda said...

Love the duck!
A Christmas list would be good.
My thankfuls for today are:
1. Getting Mum home safe from a happy holiday.
2. Sleeping in my own bed - yum yum yum.
3. Another week of annual leave before I have to return to work and though I love my family dearly, that week will be spent at home ALONE.

Alison said...

Heda - a holiday ALONE sounds like bliss!

Melissa - you are so sweet - but my girls are still managing to get spoilt this Christmas - we are getting the new Wii (we killed the old one with over use) and Ashlea is getting a computer from the funding fairies.

Anna said...

Love the photo of Ashlea and her duck. Yay to the spa!! Hope you had a great night.