Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 4

Today I am thankful for:

- my GHD hair straightener:

- long stretches of dry sunny weather courtesy of El Nino (as only the truly frizzy haired can appreciate);

- Ashlea's first school friend party;

- with dress ups no less;



- and siblings too;



- that Ashlea is oblivious to the lure of Halloween;

- the quirkiness that is Ashlea.  I asked her today what she wanted for Christmas.  A kitten she said.  A singing kitten;

- school lunches made for the week - although that makes me sound more organised than I really am - in reality it is just a bunch of ham sandwiches in the freezer;

- freedom to attend church without fearing for my safety;

- for our church family who have supported us since the first day we arrived.


What are you thankful for today?  



9 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I might like a singing cat for Christmas too!!

Alison said...

I'll let you know if I find one Melissa!

Heda said...

Kids look great in their costumes. Ashlea is a particularly beautiful ballerina. Has she had a growth spurt? She's been looking straight and strong and slim in recent photos.
My three thankfuls for today are:
1. A little wild grey tabby cat sleeping in the sunshine curled up in a plant pot - my courtyard, due to neglect, is only good for growing cats but that suits me fine right now. Alas he doesn't sing but he is very good at sleeping.
2. Shopping for and finding a pair of jeans. An odd thankful but I hate shopping for clothes.
3. Getting the week's ironing done. When I retire I'm never going to iron again.

Heda said...

You've probaly already found this but if not Hasbro do a singing cat toy.
http://www.hasbro.com/en_AU/shop/details.cfm?R=2A80B8D5-5056-900B-10A5-A9FB74C9250E:en_AU
http://www.toywiz.com/lpssingsongcat.html
There's singing cat apps for her iPad as well.
Good luck!

Alison said...

Heda - well done on finding jeans - that is never easy! I hate ironing too.

And I think we will be getting one of those singing kitties for someone for Christmas - thanks!!

Missy said...

I am thankful to see gorgeous Miss Ashlea up in her walker. She looks awesome in it!

Alison said...

Thanks Missy - we are trying to be a bit more adventurous when it comes to taking it out and about with us!

Anna said...

Love the costumes! My hair is permanently straight and I hate it! I sometimes wish for some frizz, although I know everyone who has frizz hates me when I say that!!!

Alison said...

No Anna - be thankful for the straight hair!!!