Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 7

Today I am thankful for:

- kidney friends to share the kidney journey with;



- scones with jam and cream while discussing the kidney journey;

- 3 children's lives transformed by the gift of a life saving kidney from their dad;

- Dr Shun and Dr Thomas - the amazing transplant surgeons who operated on our children;

- home work done and dusted for another week (note I am not thankful for the actual homework just that we have finished it for the week);

- Ashlea's unique way with words.  She often refers to herself as Baby Duck or Baby Chick and then to me as Mumma Duck or Mumma Chick.  It is very cute.  Recently however she has added some new characters to her repertoire and has started referring to herself as Peppa Pig or Winnie the Pooh.  Let me tell you that Mumma Pig - or worse still - Mumma Pooh - do not have the same cute ring to them;

- my women's bible study group who meet at my house so I can attend;

- paperwork filled in and posted for Ashlea's Starlight Wish;

- major Wish anticipation from Ashlea.  She keeps asking me "How many until the spa?";

- charities like Starlight who make Wishes possible.


What are you thankful for today?


5 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

What a great support those women must be along with the bible group. Cannot wait to see pics of Ashlea and her sisters enjoying their spa xx

Missy said...

I am thankful for all of the above things for you Mumma Pooh.....oops I mean Alison!

Heda said...

Ah the joys of homework...
1. Two more days away from home but this time close enough that I was able to feed the cat fresh food this morning, leave him a heap of biscuits and will be home around 5:00 tomorrow evening to give him another fresh feed.
2. Great people to work with.
3. A long walk after work.

Anna said...

Haha Mumma Pooh. I get called Mumba Bumbahead. So kind of in the same league?

Alison said...

I know Bron - I can't wait to post spa pics!

Missy - you are very cheeky.

Heda - sounds good.

Anna - glad I'm not the only one that gets called these things!!