Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 9

Today I am thankful for:

- the first day of the first cricket test of the season;

- lunch with a mum 'in the know';

- that the random jolt of dizziness that threatened to throw me off my chair at lunch didn't turn into a full blown spinning attack;

- especially thankful as I had to drive down the M2 to get home;

- Cadbury Rocky Road chocolate;

- the listening ear of a friend who has known me for a very long time;

- knitting progress - ONE finished square!  At the rate I'm going this blanket might actually get finished within the decade;

- the anticipation of waiting for the home ice cream man - who very cannily just happens to appear in our street at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon - just when all the kids have arrived home from school;



- a generous friend of Carolin's who paid our electricity bill;

- and this man - Dr Bill Kitchen - whose obituary I read today.  It states:  By his work he touched a large number of people who never even met him; many thousands of prematurely born Australians have him to thank for their current health and indeed their lives. He leaves a huge legacy.  Even though I never met this man I am thankful for people like him and their contribution to modern medicine which has had a direct impact on my family.


What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Heda said...

Great pic - anticipation unlimited!
Only one big thankful for today:
I had to drop my car off for a service this morning. Walked to closest station to find NO wallet. Luckily had $10 stashed away for emergencies like this so could buy return train ticket. Rang service place from work...no wallet in car. Service was going to cost $1,250 (new brake drums, new tyres, new windscreen wipers, etc. etc.). I had visions of car being held to ransom for days till I could get my credit card replaced! Had to do a few urgent things at work but got home around 2:30 and there was my wallet sitting on the table as large as life! So thankful!!!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Love this pic!!!! Oh and that rocky road choc is awesome!!!!!

Alison said...

Heda - what a relief!

It's good isn't it Bron - I eat a couple of blocks each week :)