Today I am thankful for:
- the first day of the first cricket test of the season;
- lunch with a mum 'in the know';
- that the random jolt of dizziness that threatened to throw me off my chair at lunch didn't turn into a full blown spinning attack;
- especially thankful as I had to drive down the M2 to get home;
- Cadbury Rocky Road chocolate;
- the listening ear of a friend who has known me for a very long time;
- knitting progress - ONE finished square! At the rate I'm going this blanket might actually get finished within the decade;
- the anticipation of waiting for the home ice cream man - who very cannily just happens to appear in our street at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon - just when all the kids have arrived home from school;
- a generous friend of Carolin's who paid our electricity bill;
- and this man - Dr Bill Kitchen - whose obituary I read today. It states: By his work he touched a large number of people who never even met him; many thousands of prematurely born Australians have him to thank for their current health and indeed their lives. He leaves a huge legacy. Even though I never met this man I am thankful for people like him and their contribution to modern medicine which has had a direct impact on my family.
What are you thankful for today?