Monday, December 10, 2012

An Award for Audrey...

It was the end of year presentation day at school today and Audrey represented the family by receiving the award for enthusiastic participation in music.  She is very proud.


It's so tricky as a parent - I want to celebrate Audrey's award but I don't want to make Emma and Ashlea feel bad for not getting one - not that Ashlea cares, but Emma notices that Audrey always gets awards and she doesn't.  Audrey really does need to be celebrated though.  She is my 'easiest' child and can so easily get overlooked among her noisy sisters.  I would love to claim some sort of credit for her good behaviour but I can't - it's just her nature.  Not only has Audrey managed to keep up in kindergarten this year despite being a micro-prem and having had a challenging year at home - listen to what her teacher wrote on her report:
Audrey is socially aware with a mature disposition, which enables her to resolve conflict with great diplomacy.  She is a quiet but popular student who is responsible and considerate.  Her selfless attitude and ability to share and care is notable in one so young.
It's the first time a school report has brought a happy tear to my eye!

8 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

How very beautiful to have a teacher who really knows how precious your Audrey is xx congratulations on her award, give her a big hug from us xx

Anonymous said...

Biggest congrats to Audrey. It is so hard with siblings when one is receiving and the others may not be. My Mum always said it was very hard with my brothers. One was very gifted but would hardly do any work and the other had to work really hard for a average grade! She would be telling one to work harder if he got a "B" and congratulating the other for his"B" grade!!!
I am glad for Audrey, for all of the reasons you mentioned, she gets this special award. She is certainly the quiet achiever isnt she?!
What a lovely comment made by her teacher.
Special hugs to her xxx Jen xxx

E. said...

Well done Audrey.
Actually well done to all of you to get through everything that happened this year and still be so normal and happy.

T said...

Wow! Well done Audrey! I hope I aspire to be a teacher like that, what a lovely thing to say!

Ps. I have tagged you in the lieber award on my blog :) x

Ronda said...

Congratulations Audrey! A lovely award for a lovely girl.

The Trousdell Five said...

Well done Audrey! And I know too how difficult it can be to do enough celebrating of the "easy" child. This is definitely worth celebration!

mandy said...

Congratulations to Audrey,

I share the angst of not celebrating the 'easy' twin.

You are doing an outstanding job to celebrate her.

mandy said...

Congratulations to Audrey,

I share the angst of not celebrating the 'easy' twin.

You are doing an outstanding job to celebrate her.