Monday, December 17, 2012

Reflections {Writing Prompt}

How do I reflect on the past year?

So much has happened this year that I don't really want to reflect on - that I don't yet know how to reflect on.  I don't even know yet what to think about it all.

In the last year Ashlea has acquired a new kidney;

Murray has acquired a brain injury;

Audrey has flourished at school;

Emma has acquired an anxiety disorder.

How do I reflect on a year of such extreme highs and lows?

I really have no words.

What I do know is this.  Heaven is coming.  It's going to be so much better than the extreme high of Ashlea's successful transplant that it will more than make up for the extreme low that is brain injury and anxiety.

Other than that I've got nothing.


{Ellen Stumbo - writing prompt}

2 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Dear Alison

It is SO fine to have no words.

I am very impressed you're even attempting the Christmas missive...

In a lot of respects you're still in the midst of the really tough stuff.

Its probably a bit too soon to be able to reflect. Too painful.

And that is ok too - give yourself time. It may take a very long time...

...and you may never be ready to pick it all apart and look at it in minute detail and try and make sense of it all.

And that is ok too.

Go easy on yourself.

Its been one helluva year.

Huge hugs,

Susan xx

Ellen Stumbo said...

Sending you hugs. I think with recent events I am reminded more and more that we desperately need God, but peace and healing will not be complete until heaven.