Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jan 17: Girls...



We are having a lovely time these school holidays.  We haven't been anywhere, but we've spent lots of time with various friends.

I read an article recently that talks about the different ways boys and girls play.  Apparently boys establish the rules of play in the first minute and then spend the rest of the time actually playing. Girls on the other hand spend the entire time discussing and negotiating the rules of the game - to the point that they often run out of time to actually play!

Having had lots of girls to play these holidays I can attest to the fact that this does appear to be true.  In fact there have been times when these girls and their negotiations have nearly driven me bonkers - especially when birth order comes into play.  I find the oldest siblings are the fiercest negotiators while the younger ones use other means (often tears in our house) to get their way.

Anyone else have this in their house?

2 comments:

Veronica Elliott said...

Yep - too much negotiating, too much complaining and way to much rumbling (and I have only 1 boy)

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Lovely to see your three playing together in the sunshine xx I have the eldest master negotiator who never backs down and has to discuss every little thing! My middle lady talks all day accepts the word no gracefully but teases like a champion! The toddler is finding his voice, screams when he gets told off and laughs if I try too! 3:2 we loose! ;)