Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jan 9: The Duck



Apparently the small people in my house think it is necessary to DO SOMETHING to celebrate your birthday - so today Kate and I took the kids to Darling Harbour to see the Big Duck.


Ashlea was in love...

Here she is showing her appreciation for the
artist's work...

Usually I am a bit cynical about art installations such as this - but you know what - if the goal of the duck was to put a smile on people's faces it worked.  We had fun.  Ashlea was in duck heaven and thoroughly enjoyed my her birthday treat.

The following birthday related conversation may have taken place in our house today too...
Murray: (confidently) Happy Birthday Al! 
Me: (thinking to myself - did he actually remember that today is the 9th of January???)
Murray:  Yeah - my Dad called to wish you a happy birthday too. 
               How do you think I remembered your birthday?

Hilarious - he's too honest!

15 comments:

Thea @ Me and My Million Blogs said...

That is the coolest thing ever!
Love that duck!!
And happy birthday. :)

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Alison , happy birthday to you xxxxx much love from all of us xx

Emma said...

Wow, that is quite a duck! Worth seeing, for sure :)

Pip said...

How coooool! My little girl would wet her nappy with excitement. Biggest rubber ducky I've ever seen :)

Missy said...

LOVE the duck!

So cool! BEt Ashlea would love to take that home...shame it wouldnt fit in the spa. Great back yard duck to have though!

Happy birthday...chuckle the conversation that may have taken place..xxx

Emily said...

I saw the duck on the news and thought it would be amazing to see it, scale wise, it's just awesome Ashlea got to see it. A once in a lifetime chance, there are only 5 or so others of these floating on rivers across the globe, pretty special ducks.
Happy birthday Alison, and I think your hubby sounds just like me, caring, honest but a bit forgetful! Emily

Jacana said...

Firstly Happy Birthday. Your daughters smile is amazing. The duck is huge.
Is it advertising something or just art?

Kaz @ Melting Moments said...

That's so cool and what a cute smile :)

Tina´s PicStory said...

cool! happy ww :)

Eiluv2Write said...

Happy Birthday to u! Have a wonderful day and ducks are always smile inducing...i like ducks, and that big one is pretty cool.
:)

Farmers Wifey said...

Happy Birthday! And I've written before on my blog about how cool ducks are, this one is awesome xo Michelle

ann said...

Happy Birthday!! That duck is awesome I wish I could have gone in to see it!!

ritaazar2 said...

I love artworks like this one! It makes people smile.
And, Happy Birthday!!!

The Trousdell Five said...

Happy belated birthday! And that duck is amazing!

Melissa said...

So glad you had a lovely birthday xx I love your little duck with the giant duck.