- my three girls;
- however many days I get to have with each of them - even though the knowledge that none of those days is guaranteed is terrifying;
- the gracious gift of organ donation and the doctors and donors who make it possible;
- Ashlea's medical team who keep a close eye on her kidney;
- the girls upcoming birthday party this weekend and the fact that I have managed to outsource nearly all of the party preparation to my friends (although the weather forecast is for a ferocious storm for Saturday - EEK);
- all you wonderful friends who under the guidance of the lovely Frances are raising money for me to get a Thermomix - thank you all for your generosity;
- the chance to sleep in and not have to rush in the mornings due to school holidays;
- that my change in working hours came through just in time for the school holidays - I now only work Mondays - except of course for when we have appointments on Mondays;
- time to hang out with the children these holidays. I don't think we've left the house yet but we have managed to:
|Set up Emma's birthday present.|
Ashlea's comment: Mum this fish is Freaking Me Out!!
|Play Doctors - such great imaginative play from Ashlea|
|We had to play dentist too - with the Hi-Lo Chair|
as the dentist's chair
|The dentist and her surprisingly co-operative patient.|
We'll see if it carries over when we go to the actual dentist next week!
|Unwisely I introduced Emma to Monopoly.|
She thrashed me - here she is gloating over her winnings.
What are you thankful for today?