Have a look at this little bit of awesome bike riding. This is Ashlea's first time EVER on a bike. She loved it - she even kind of got the idea of pedalling. The concept of steering is still a work in progress but she had so much fun - we will definitely be buying her a bike like this!
Today I am thankful for:
- great organisations like TAD who make this possible;
- Ashlea's progress - not just her physical ability to pedal the bike, but her understanding and enjoyment of being able to ride a bike just like her sisters;
- generous gifts given that allow us to buy the bike without having to wait for funding. I haven't yet spent all the money Murray's work gave us last year - I think this bike is a very worthy cause for it to go towards;
- the opportunity to take Murray to a Brain Injury Australia meeting so we could meet other people living with Acquired Brain Injury;
- flu shots done and dusted;
- more people who humour Ashlea's Tom obsession;
|Tom having his flu shot|
|Don't worry - he also got a turn on the bike|
- plans drawn up and signed for the great bathroom modification;
- a quick trip to IKEA - seeing all those storage options is just so therapeutic;
- only TWO SLEEPS until Julie!!!