Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday May 16

This week I am thankful for:

- tupperware and the order it brings to a previously chaotic pantry;

Before - chaotic pantry...

During... entire kitchen chaotic

After - order is restored.

- the therapeutic value of a clean pantry - although there is clearly room for more Tupperware in there don't you think?

- the chance to go to Equip on Saturday and be encouraged with thousands of other women;

- a lovely Mother's Day and some useful gifts from the girls - 2 mugs, a photo frame and a notepad;

- my friends who were in charge of the school Mother's Day stall this year - they definitely improved the standard of the merchandise - I'm sure I'm not the only mother that thanks them;

- our awesome Sunday School teachers.  On Sunday Ashlea attended Sunday School in her walker for the first time.  I was a little concerned seeing as the leaders of the group are babies themselves (or am I just getting old??).  I needn't have worried.  Every time I spied on Ashlea to see how she was going I got a glimpse of her being wonderfully included with all the other children.  One time she was sitting on the floor among all the kids rather than being in her wheelchair and therefore slightly separate from everyone.  Another time they were playing 'the train game' and Ashlea was in her walker leading the train with the other children following behind her, and the last time I spied on her she was sitting at one of the tables doing craft.  What a wonderful mother's day gift - seeing her fully included as part of the group;

- skipping home work to go and jump in some crunchy Autumn leaves;



- how far Ashlea has come in regards to sensory tolerance;

Full Body Leaf Crunching Experience

- a photo win for Mum - 3 children all looking at the camera!



And smiling even!





Thankful Thursday

6 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh wow!!!! I have tears of joy seeing that last picture!!! They are all so beautiful and amazing :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful photos of the girls! I'm sure the Sunday School experience was truly heartwarming! Glad you had a happy Mother's Day and now an organized kitchen too!

Missy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the last photo!!

John O'Connor said...

Hi,

My name is John and I have a quick question about your blog! Could you please email me?

Thank you,

John

Anonymous said...

Delightful! from Fay

Mish Mash Mama said...

Heya!!
Lovely girly whirls you've got Mrs. Would love to contact you, it's been a few years since we left Gladesville. Love Terri & Andrew McV