Saturday, June 29, 2013

First World Problems



The other day when my dishwasher broke I posted about it on facebook (as you do) and got lots of sympathy and suggestions - even though it really only qualifies as a first world problem (FWP)  - not a real problem.

The very next day I suffered my worst FWP to date.  I was busting for a wee but couldn't use the bathroom as the cleaner wasn't finished cleaning in there yet.

Anyone else got a FWP they're game to share?

In case my sister doesn't fess up I am going to post her best one - falling into a ditch (or was it walking into a street sign?) whilst walking and texting on her smart phone.

10 comments:

Carolin said...

I think it was a street sign - but of course that memory has been suppressed!

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Hang on, aren't there two bathrooms at your house??

Alison said...

There are Susan - and here is possibly the worst FWP confession ever - I like to wait for the toilet seat to dry after he's finished the cleaning...

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

How about this one - the new wiper blades our mechanic put on are slightly shorter than the old ones, so now the automatic on/off/timing of the wipers doesn't work properly anymore...

Michelle said...

What about running out of petrol because you're trying to maximise your fuel discount coupon?

ferfischer said...

Alison - I laughed out loud at this one - I cannot tell you how much I want to meet you in person and have a night out - you are probably a blast.

Fiona said...

Spilling red wine on your white ski pants.
White ski pants - what was I thinking?

tesyaa said...

Hurricane Sandy - an entire region was devastated, but we never lost power (even though our neighbors did). HOWEVER, our HD cable box was shorted from a power surge and we had to watch TV in low definition. Talk about whining!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Hahaha FWP is my fav line lately especially after coming back from Cambodia when its such a slap in your face! Thanks for the giggle everyone! :) Bron

Fiona said...

I wish we all lived closer - I so need to get together to share some major FWP whining time with you guys.