Monday, June 10, 2013

Winning friends and influencing people...

Ashlea has been winning friends and influencing people since the day she was born. She has a new rather effective method that she uses at church on Sundays.

She loves to walk around the new deck out the back of the church.  It is a big, beautiful, flat space to practise walking.  I have recreated the scene for you with the following photos - in these photos Ashlea will be starring as herself, Aunty Carolin will be playing the role of me and Murray will be playing the role of innocent bystander.

It usually goes something like this:

"I want to walk!" Ashlea says.

"With no hands!!" she says.


Me: "Wait!"

NO!!!  You can't grab people's butts!!!
This happens every week without fail.

As you can see she walks with her hands out in front of her to help maintain her balance.  When you're only just over a metre tall that means that your hands are just at right height that when you wobble a bit (which is often) you grab whatever is in reach .... which is usually other people's backsides.

I doubt there is anyone in the church who hasn't been quietly enjoying a cuppa on the deck after church without being surprised by a small hand groping their butt.

Like I said, winning friends and influencing people...


{I'm going to link this to Ellen's writing prompt which this week is I never thought I - because I never thought I would have to apologise to random  people at church because my child grabbed their butt}

12 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, that is so very funny!!!

Missy said...

hahhahahaha...at least it is their butts they are grabbing! Imagine if they were facing the "other" way!!

Love her to bits x

Alison said...

Don't even say it out loud Missy - we have been lucky so far but I know it is bound to happen at some stage...

Felicity said...

Ha! Miss Ashlea did it to me on Sunday!! But in her defense - there is a fair bit to grab! Having littlies though Im used to being groped a little. Murray does look a little unamused in your photo. Lol to Missy! I never thought of THAT!!

Sylvia said...

Go Ashlea! Adorable!

K said...

She is too cute!! Hahaha :)

The Jacobson Journey said...

Visiting from Ellen's blog. This was AWESOME! You write so well with heart and humor.

Ellen Stumbo said...

Bahaha! My daughter's friend did the same thing :)

The Trousdell Five said...

Haha!! Awesome interpretation of Ellen's prompt!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

I am in total awe of Ashleas standing and walking...., I can't stop looking at her picture!!!!! She is brilliant!!!! Wow wow wow!

Sadia said...

Your post had me giggling! You have such a wonderful perspective and Ashlea is just so cute!!!

Ellen said...

I just laughed out loud! As you know, I TOTALLY relate.