A few weeks ago I asked you all whether you thought we should put Murray's superannuation payout towards the mortgage or towards a new car.
Funny how things turn out.
We put all the money on the mortgage with the hope that the van would last a bit longer - but it was not to be. The van has been pronounced 'stuffed' by the mechanic - yes that was his technical term - and it looks like the time has come to buy a new car.
We do have a second smaller (but still 10 year old) car but it is very hard to lift Ashlea in and out of and I have to take the wheelchair apart to fit it in the boot. I do realise that when you have two cars these things could be classified as first world problems - but if I stuff my back lifting Ashlea then we will have a real problem to deal with.
I have pretty much decided on getting the Hyundai Imax as it is reasonably affordable for a big car and is quite easy to make wheelchair accessible. New ones are as rare as hen's teeth at the moment but I have tracked one down and am going for a test drive tomorrow (if anyone else is in the market for one there are only 4 diesel autos in all of Sydney and they're all white - if you want a different colour you will have to wait until December).
We will be able to redraw the money from the mortgage so that is not a problem - I just hate being the one solely responsible for making big decisions like this!!!
Should I just do it???
It's too stressful to think about so tonight I am baking cinnamon buns to take the edge of :)
If anyone has any last minute car thoughts speak up now - I could be buying this car tomorrow!