I don't do Thankful Thursday because life is dandy - rather the opposite. Life is kind of complicated right now. That's the whole point of Thankful Thursday. It is about stopping and looking at what I DO have even amidst all the difficulties. Being thankful isn't 'proof' that I'm coping really well or that things are easy. It's a CHOICE to see the good and not be swallowed by the darkness.
Back to the thankfulness.
This week I am thankful for:
- my little ballerina;
- her vision teacher who took her on a 'special field trip' this week - to another classroom to see a cuckoo clock;
- a catch up with a lovely old friend who gets me;
- a catch up with a lovely mum who gets it;
- a catch up with another lovely friend who really, REALLY gets it;
- the fun that is texting with my kids - and seeing what they text to each other;
|Emma freaked out when this popped up on her ipod one night... |
until she realised it was from sweet, innocent little Audrey
- a husband who is just happy to get fed and is not overly fussy about what he gets fed;
|I know it looks like something Bridget Jones would|
make but it was actually quite tasty...
- my first successful park of the new van in a 'real' car park. I know it doesn't actually help to duck my head when driving into a low car park but I doubt I will be able to stop myself doing it;
- a little taste of spring sunshine over the weekend and days that are starting to get longer which show that REAL spring is coming soon.