Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thankful Thursday 29th August

This week I am thankful for...

- beautiful spring weather even though it is still winter (but only for two more days);

- a rare evening out for coffee with friends;

- fun, inclusive birthday parties that all of my children can attend together;

Dr Ashlea and I performing abdominal surgery on a rather unfortunate patient

- doctor themed inclusive birthday parties where the goody bags include syringes and face masks.  I know they were meant to be for the kids to play with but they quickly went into my supply cupboard;

- a fun sports carnival for Ashlea - yes I am going to post the video again;



- Super Neighbour Kate and Super Aunty Carolin for minding the girls tonight while I take Murray to a late MRI appointment;

- the clever cheekiness that is Miss Ashlea.  On Sunday she did not want to go to Sunday School she wanted to stay home and play her ipad.  Instead of throwing a tantrum she put on an INCREDIBLY convincing impersonation of a sick person.  She had her Sunday School teachers convinced that she was sick and needed to go home.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt and took her home - where we had the following conversation:

Me:  Ashlea were you really sick at Sunday School or did you just want to come home? 
Ashlea:  (laughing hysterically) Just want to come home
She then paused her laughter and adopted the sick voice she had used that morning:  I not feeling very well.
Cue more hysterical laughter.


Don't forget this Sunday is the Big Red Kidney walk.  If you would like to sponsor us click this link:

Team Ashlea



Thankful Thursday

3 comments:

Kim Adams Morgan said...

Stopping in from Thankful Thursday. Fun pictures. Love the "surgery" one. Too funny.

Deb said...

Oh, Alison, the faking sickness is hilarious! I love that she has the chutzpah to do that. My husband and I both laughed heartily.

Gina said...

LOVE everything about this post. xx