Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday 31st October

This week I am thanking God for:

- the chance to see Emma get a certificate of Distinction in the maths competition (apparently being a maths nerd is genetic);

- a successful outing to the movies for the whole family - even Emma overcame her anxiety to go to the movie - and Ashlea was a champion and sat quietly on my lap for the whole movie. The only hiccup was that her nappy leaked....and she wee'd all over me....;

- that the wee patch wasn't too horribly obvious when I had to walk the length of the shopping centre after the movie to get back to the car;

- an understanding shop assistant yesterday - she was tiny like me and we commiserated about how hard it is to find clothes that fit when you're little and that all our friends are not very sympathetic to our plight;

- that I spotted this little bugger floating in my tea BEFORE taking a swig;


- pyjama mufti day at school - SO MUCH WIN for Mummy - and yes my kids did go to school in the pyjamas they'd worn the night before;


- bathroom progress....not long to go now;

We have tiles, a door and a light.  Hopefully
tomorrow we'll get a toilet!!

- faithful friends who pray you through the difficult times;

- a faithful God who works even through (particularly through?) the difficult times.



And seeing as it is November tomorrow get ready for a lot more thankful posts - I am going to try and do 30 Days of Thankfulness again.  Anyone want to join me?  Just post what you're thankful for in the comments or on Facebook.  It really does help - try it and see!!!


Thankful Thursday

3 comments:

Missy said...

I am in for a month of Thanks x

Richard said...

I get to be first :),
What great day you have had :) even though you had a wee problem hehe it wasn't obvious to every one else .
And a lovely new bathroom almost finished.
Praise the Lord indeed for his graciousness !
In Swahili that would be Bwana Asifiwe !!

melissa date said...

I'd love to join you! I have plenty to be thankful for :)