Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 1

Today I am thanking God for:

- a week with NO appointments;

- coffee with a friend;

- lunch with another friend;
Very civilized - no children :)

- a toilet;
And a sink!  And a bath!


- that it's Friday;

- for sunny but not too hot weather;

- ongoing fruit and veg delivery from a friend at church;

- a good book to read (currently Max Lucado's You'll Get Through This);

- tomorrow's washing already out on the line tonight (well half of it anyway - the rest can wait until morning);

- did I mention that it's Friday?


Who is going to join me in practising thankfulness?  Leave a comment or link here or on facebook.  Trust me - it really does make a difference!!

4 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

A week without appointments?

How do I get me one of those??

Alison said...

Ha ha Susan - you wait a REALLY long time for it to happen! I suspect your chances of it happening will improve next year when all your girls are at school.

Julie C said...

Hi Al,

I will do the "30 Days of Thankfulness with you as a challenge for myself and to share some of my life with you - I am always interested to read about your life. I will start with Friday - I am thankful for: A very very rare coffee and cake with some nice ladies; The fact that both year 7 and year 9 exams are over and I don't have to worry about my sons study habits or lack there of; completing the dusting of my home over 2 days so we can all breathe a little better; clean shirts for Andrew on the line and lovely weather too. From Julie C

Big brother, Little sister. said...

The bathroom looks amazing!!!!! Hooray for your back,