- her best friend Mia from next door;
|Audrey and Mia|
- Mia's birthday party today;
- getting to stay and play for the whole day;
- getting to help Mia play with her new presents - especially the Barbies;
- birthday cake;
- sausages in bread;
- jelly and cake pops and party games;
- dresses and make up;
- and for moving up a level at choir next year so we don't have to get out of bed early anymore (she is not a morning person).
I am trying not to take it personally that Audrey would likely rather live next door with Mia than with us! As my 'middle child' it is very easy for her to be overlooked so I am thankful for the relationship Audrey has not just with Mia but with her whole family. They say it takes a village to raise a child - and when life is rather complicated like ours that is even more true. Our Super Neighbours are a vital part of our village!
Now if only someone would move in on the other side of us with a 9 year old nerd girl we'd have the neighbourhood sorted.