Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankfulness Day 26: The Taken For Granted Edition

It is at about this point in the 30 Days of Thankfulness challenge that I start to run out of inspiration.  Today I am going to give thanks for the very many things I have that I take for granted every single day.

Today I am thanking God for:

- a roof over my head - and not just a roof but a multi-roomed house - with electricity and plumbing;

- clean drinking water - as well as clean water to shower in and flush down my toilet;

- access to good quality affordable healthcare - less than 10 minutes away;

- access to good schools for my children;

- access to an abundance of healthy food;

- clothes to wear even when I feel like 'I've got nothing to wear';

- a car and (relatively) safe roads to drive it on;

- the Police, Fire Brigade and Ambulance who are all only a phone call away in an emergency;

- freedom to meet with other Christians without fear of persecution;

- and the bible in my own language.




It is that time of year again - time to buy Christmas presents for teachers and therapists.  Rather than buying chocolates or useless trinkets I have just purchased some of these things that we take for granted every day for people living in poverty from this website.  We really have SO MUCH compared to so many people in the world.  So many things we take for granted.  So many things to be thankful for.  So much perspective needed!

2 comments:

Julie C said...

Day 26 Today I am thankful for technology I.e. the desk top, laptop, mouse, keyboard, printer, Microsoft, apple, word, publisher, digital camera and photo frame, USB, digital and smart tvs, Skype, emails, blogs... Do I really depend on all these things each day. ps Al I didn't know what to write either and couldn't believe it when my internet was not working this morning as I tried to submit my thankfulness. JC

Alison said...

Julie I can't believe I haven't given thanks for technology yet!!!