It is at about this point in the 30 Days of Thankfulness challenge that I start to run out of inspiration. Today I am going to give thanks for the very many things I have that I take for granted every single day.
Today I am thanking God for:
- a roof over my head - and not just a roof but a multi-roomed house - with electricity and plumbing;
- clean drinking water - as well as clean water to shower in and flush down my toilet;
- access to good quality affordable healthcare - less than 10 minutes away;
- access to good schools for my children;
- access to an abundance of healthy food;
- clothes to wear even when I feel like 'I've got nothing to wear';
- a car and (relatively) safe roads to drive it on;
- the Police, Fire Brigade and Ambulance who are all only a phone call away in an emergency;
- freedom to meet with other Christians without fear of persecution;
- and the bible in my own language.
It is that time of year again - time to buy Christmas presents for teachers and therapists. Rather than buying chocolates or useless trinkets I have just purchased some of these things that we take for granted every day for people living in poverty from this website. We really have SO MUCH compared to so many people in the world. So many things we take for granted. So many things to be thankful for. So much perspective needed!