Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankfulness Day 4: Monday Edition

Today I am thanking God for:

- Minecraft and the peace and quiet it brings my life;

Parents are you with me on this?

- plus the bargaining power it gives me is not to be underestimated;

- my patient and flexible employer for allowing me to continue to work at a vastly reduced fraction so I can look after my family;

- technology that enables me to work from home;

- a packet of Freddo Frogs to get me through the working day;

- and caffeine in it's various forms;

- a school within walking distance that all my girls can attend together;

- that all my cherubs went off to school this morning without a fuss;

- no phone calls from aforementioned school today;

- only 5 or 6 more lots of home work this year (by my calculation) - less if we're lucky!


What are you thankful for today? 


4 comments:

Julie C said...

Day 4 - Today I am thankful for: the two ladies who attended my Monday morning yoga class so it didn't feel like a private lesson today, The 10 other boys in Josh's cricket team who attend training with him each Monday afternoon from 4:30 - 6pm so that he has a lot of fun while practicing his cricket skills, the nice men who attend Andrew's bible study with him each Monday night so he has men to pray with and study the bible with, the friends on the other end of Matts computer who give him someone to talk to about things other than school/home and sport and girls, Mels friends who are renting so close to us and school that they can share the walk home on Mondays and Fridays. Clean towels, a tiny bit more Christmas shopping at Aldi this time and some washing put away. Julie C

Alison said...

Thanks for joining me Julie!

I can't believe your boys are old enough to be interested in girls!!

melissa date said...

I am rarely thankful for minecraft but it is very nice to look at it from that positive slant :) I will also be thankful for the end of the school year and the end of routine.

Alison said...

Ha Melissa - yes - sometimes it takes a VERY slanted view to see the positives!