Earlier today I wrote this post about Holding On.
Today I am thanking God for the way He has held on to me over the last 18 months. He has used a variety of methods but they can be boiled down to two things: His word and His people.
I am thankful for the things He has reminded me of from His word:
- to remain in Him;
- to guard my heart;
- to not be the fool who resists correction.
I am thankful for the way He has used His people to encourage me:
- people who have faithfully prayed for me and my family;
- people who are living in surprisingly similar - and difficult - situations to me yet who cling to Jesus. They inspire me to do the same (yes I did just use the I word - you know who you are);
- people who have been willing to have the 'difficult discussions' with me;
- people with listening ears;
- people with encouraging words;
- people who haven't judged while I've been wandering around in the wilderness;
- and people not afraid to tell me the truth when I have needed to hear it.