Today I am thanking God for my first born child Emma. All our children are IVF babies but after thinking we may never have any children I am so thankful that this little bundle of energy came along. I am thankful for:
|Staring competition with Mum...|
- her friendly, talkative nature,
- that her friendly, talkative nature with a boy visiting next door resulted in us becoming friends with our awesome neighbours;
- for her healthy birth and the 'normal' introduction to parenting she gave me;
- her intelligence;
- her technological savvy;
- her love of animals - particularly birds;
- her loyalty to her friends;
- her honesty;
- that she doesn't 'follow the crowd' but does her own thing;
- her love of lego, computers and all things non-Barbie;
- the way she has always loved and accepted Ashlea, made the effort to play with her, be silly with her and make her laugh. Somehow she has always just got that Ashlea needs special allowances some times - and hasn't been resentful of any extra attention she has needed. From very early on if asked about Ashlea she would always say 'We just love her'. I LOVE that.
Mum won the staring competition...