Saturday, December 21, 2013

4 Days out from Christmas Lunch...

With 4 sleeps to go until I host Christmas lunch this is the state of my house.  I will need a Christmas miracle to get it tidy.  Otherwise I will be going with Plan B - hiding the mess behind closed doors.

Dining table where we will eat lunch

Couches where we will sit and open presents...

Kitchen benches...

Kids playroom...

Emma's Room

Audrey's Room


The only thing I will say in my defence is  that while my
new laundry cupboard was being built all the crap had
to go somewhere didn't it...

I'm not actually a hoarder!


What chance do you think I'll get it sorted?  

I should probably also tell you that after church tomorrow there is lunch with the in-laws and then I have to work on Monday.  There is also the food shopping to be done, the presents to be wrapped and a bathtub full of unwashed laundry to deal with.

Now what chance do you give the Christmas miracle...?

NB For all those people who say 'You're amazing - I don't know how you do it'.  This is how I do it.  Or rather don't do it.  I look like I am 'doing it' but this is what is going on behind closed doors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all good Al we all have lots of things hiding behind closed doors... All the best to yourself, Murray and the girls for a Merry Christmas. I am sure Santa will be good... I would love a copy of your newsletter and to catch up sometime in the January hols.. Let me know when suits you. We live so close! love Di

Felicity said...

There's nothing wrong with Plan B! I have all the aspirations of having a house people can drop into unannounced and for it to look calm and clean and tidy, but plan B is always what happens to me! But yay for summer and being able to whip off the nightie and throw on a sun dress when there is an unexpected knock at the door. One perk of being non-busty!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Lunch on the tennis court? Liock up the house and use the side enterance! Happy Christmas xx

Alison said...

Fliss I hope you're not implying that I'd be swanning around in my jammies ignoring this mess :)