Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday 12th December

This week I am thanking God for:

- a physio appointment for my aching back;

- catch ups with friends;

- friends you can text to discuss the finer points of managing bathroom etiquette for the growing child with a disability;

- a toilet timing/training clinical trial about to start that it looks like Ashlea will be eligible to participate in;

- the Bear Cottage Christmas party;

- stopping to play at the beach for half an hour after the party - even if it meant the kids had to drive home nearly naked;


- a laundry make over begun (I'm getting a BIG cupboard built - it's very exciting);

- seeing my twins get awards at school presentation day;

- THE pokemon card found by Santa for eldest child for Christmas;

- stable kidney function for Ashlea - so stable that she has earned herself a TWO MONTH break from blood tests;

- getting all our hospital business done in one morning;


She was not a happy camper!

- access to good health care.  I watched Surgery Ship on SBS this week.  What amazing work those doctors and nurses do.  What a privilege it is to have such good access to healthcare.


Thankful Thursday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found your blog because my mom has had two strokes. How is your husband doing now? I hope better. I don't have an account, so sorry about posting anonymously.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I watched 'surgery ship' too with the kids. I have often, hoped to work on one of the charity hospital ships. Even though I have read and followed stories about the ships before, it was still very surprising to see the state that people had gotten to without simple health care. I had not even imagined that the health situation was so neglected for some people.
What was great was that the wage free workers thanked God for the work that was being done. The kindness of many people has put that whole ship together as an instrument of God's mercy.

Yes, there certainly is plenty to be very thankful for with healthcare in our country! from Fay

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Oh yay for stable kidney function, she'll have a break from blood tests during the school holidays.