Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday 5th December

Yesterday I was telling the girls they only had 3 more weeks of school and after that one week until Christmas.  Apparently there are only TWO more weeks of school and then a week until Christmas. How did that happen?

This week I am thanking God for:

- friends who lend me their husbands to do nasty jobs like changing toilet seats;

- friends to have dinner with;

- chocolate lava pudding for dessert;

- a meeting with friends from church who are determined to provide me with some respite next year - and a plan for how to get started;

- friends to pray with;

- friendly neighbours who pick the girls up from school so I can take Murray to appointments;

- and friendly Aunty's for watching the girls so I can attend the Jesus Club Christmas Show;

- the awesomeness that is Jesus Club - a ministry of friendship to adults with intellectual disabilities;

- a friendly little duck's growth;

There used to be a 20cm difference between
these two - I think this photo is a little deceiving
but still...
 - a big duck found for the little duck's Christmas stocking (I assume it is a friendly duck but I can't stretch the theme out any further);

So big it will need it's own stocking :)

- and as Ashlea keeps reminding me - only 20 sleeps until Christmas!


Thankful Thursday

2 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Loving your chocolate lava pudding and friends to pray with are my top ones. Always wonderful to see your thankful list. Hey i like lending husbands to help too. I remember when I was younger how much I appreciate them. Blessings

Angie Church said...

what a great list of things to be thankful for both simple and very much needed as well.

come over say hi at http://shopannies.blogspot.com