Monday, December 9, 2013

Twice As Nice

Award Winning Twins!

Today I got to celebrate a twin milestone.

Audrey and Ashlea both got end of year awards at their school presentation day.

Ashlea got an award for Academic Achievement and Audrey got an improvement award in English.

It was such a lovely moment to see them both recognised for the progress they've made.

As usual Ashlea did things in her own style.  This was my facebook status during the principal's (rather long) speech:

Hilarious - watching Ashlea try (unsuccessfully) to sit still during presentation day assembly. She's had her head thrown back, head slumped forward, fingers up nose, arms flapping, head swishing her pigtails around.... She's keeping me entertained!

I should point out that she was seated on the stage (to the side) so I am sure I'm not the only one who noticed this performance!  Then when it was her turn on stage she wasn't sure where to stand so she did a little twirl that ended with her falling onto the Principal.  All in true Ashlea style.

I got a trophy Mum!

My Hard Worker

I am so proud of how far my little twinkies have come and I love that their awards reflected their progress.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Excellent! Work girls!
Bravo! Bravo! From Fay.

Julie Cottam said...

How wonderful to see a trophy, a medal and a certificate given out at a presentation day to two totally deserving and appreciative little girls. How totally more fantastic that their school is giving awards to children other than those who are top of their class in a subject or as in High School top of their year. It almost makes me want to go to a presentation day (which fortunately I don't have to this year!). Congrats to the two hard working parents too! Julie C

Sylvia said...

Congratulations to Audrey and Ashlea for a job well done!

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

So wonderful to see them with their awards. Fantastic job girls!

Katelyn said...

You have such beautiful girls! And I love the mental image of your daughter on stage! Ha. Congrats to them!

Thanks for linking up to How do you do it?'s link up!