Friday, January 3, 2014

Photo A Day: Jan 3


Ashlea pretending to sleep to show you what it looks like when
children sleep in past 9am - no way was I going to risk waking any
of them up with an ACTUAL sleeping child photo!!


Today I am thanking God for:

7.  School holiday sleep ins - none of my children were awake before 9am today;

8 A bit of ingenuity and practical thinking.  I needed to inflate something today so I used the jumping castle pump rigged up to ever decreasing hose pipes until I could hold the hose in front of the little blow hole thingy (you know like on a beach ball) and get it blown up without having to expend too much of my own energy;

9. A successful outing to the shops with the girls today.  They had Christmas money to spend and it was burning a hole in their pockets.  They all bought toys rather than gadgets so it was a double win - the outing counted as screen free time and the things they bought will lead to yet more screen free time.

Also last night's spider killing moment for those of you who didn't see it on Facebook is worthy of mention again.  I am thankful that Carolin spotted this blighter BEFORE he had got into my car.  I am thankful that I was able to successfully dismember him without him crawling up my leg.  I am thankful that for now I will not have to repeat the 'huntsman on the visor while driving' experience.




2 Thess 5: 16-18 
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 

6 comments:

Julie C said...

Hi Everyone. HNY 2014! I am enjoying reading all the thankfulnesses. I really like the bible verse. Do you think you can give us a new one each week? I am going to try to take a photo each week of something to be thankful for and maybe turn it into a keepsake. JC

Heda said...

Good acting Ashlea. Almost impossible to work out that she is not really asleep...he he he. I love that she gets the joke too. Having second thoughts about commenting with you as others seem to be keeping their thankfulness to themselves. This is your blog so fair enough. Will keep track of you and your gorgeous girls. Your pic a day is brilliant and very much enjoying your thankfuls.

Alison said...

No Heda - please join me!

I don't think too many people are up to committing to a year of thankfulness - but some people do leave facebook comments instead of leaving them here.

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Avoiding the visor spider scare is definitely something to be thankful for! Bit jealous of the 9 am sleep ins :)

Alison said...

Alicia - I think every Australian has had at least one Huntsman spider in the car while driving experience!

Alison said...

Julie - challenge accepted. I will try and find 52 thankfulness related verses!