Monday, January 27, 2014

Photo A Day and Thankfulness Jan 27


Faster Mummy!

Today I am thanking God for:

88.  A catch up with friends;

89.  A fun afternoon ice skating with the girls;

90.  A successful first use of the van with the lifter and the wheelchair and the child in a public car park!


Sometimes I am too easily overwhelmed by the 'difficulty factor' in doing things with Ashlea.  I'm so glad we did this today - we all had so much fun - although skating around with a wheelchair for 2 hours is quite a work out and I am now knackered.  On the plus side if you haven't skated in over 15 years having a wheelchair to hold onto is a very good way of not falling down!  I really need to make the effort to do more stuff like this with the girls.  We need these moments of fun together.

Psalm 7:17 
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. 

7 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Wow! go Alison go! Thrilled you all had a great time xx

Alison said...

Bron it was surprisingly do-able. Cooper would love it - although he'd want a speed skater pushing him around :)

Alison said...

I probably should also point out I had my sister with me. That definitely made it easier!

melissa date said...

I don't think I could manage ice skates anymore without Campbell keeping me upright. He is willing to be pushed around as long as he has a good book to read at the same time ;)

Heda said...

Brilliant. If I ever go skating I might have to borrow Ashlea or at least her chair. No way I could manage an hour let alone what you did.

Alison said...

Melissa he obviously doesn't get car sick - he has been pushed and driven all over the country with his nose in a book!

Heda - you're welcome to join us any time. It is quite a work out!!

The Trousdell Five said...

I get overwhelmed with the "difficulty factor" too. Doesn't it feel so good when you push past that and have a successful outing!? I always give myself a big pat on the back when that happens, as I am doing for you right now. :)