Friday, January 10, 2014

Photo A Day Jan 10

I think we've spent as much money on post-swimming-snacks this week as we
spent on the actual lessons!


Today I am thanking God for:

28.  An unexpected respite package!  The respite year doesn't officially start until July but somehow we have managed to jump in half way through the year and get a package.  I'm not sure what it involves yet - will find out Monday;

29.  A week of swim school done and dusted.  The girls have had fun and made progress and it has been a great source of Compulsory Outdoor Fun Time.  The question now is Can I psych myself up for weekly lessons again???

30.  Ashlea's behaviour while the girls have had swimming lessons has been brilliant.  I took her in the water on Monday which was fun but it has been too cold since then so she has had to keep herself amused (in her wheelchair) for the rest of the week.  She has been so well behaved.

Selfies with Mumma
She discovered that if she sat on my lap and put her
feet up on the wheelchair that was quite comfy

Psalm 107:1 
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; 
His love endures forever.

4 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Swimming makes you so hungry! I love your summer beach hair so much too! So happy the girls loved their outdoor time xx

Julie C said...

Happy Belated Birthday Al. Ps. If you try the swimming lessons just go for 1st and 4th terms. Pps 9am Sat morning and two teenage sons are trying to sleep while three 10 year old girls are screaming and laughing and squealing and splashing in our blow up pool!

Julie Cottam said...

Happy Belated Birthday Al. Ps Just go for first and fourth terms with the swimming lessons (too many bugs in the winter). Pps Its 9am Sat morning and my two teenage sons are trying to sleep while three ten year old girls (two dropped by to visit) are screaming, squealing, splashing, and laughing in our blow up pool).

Alison said...

Thanks Bron!

Julie - I think I will trial a term of swimming lessons and see how it goes...