Monday, January 13, 2014

Photo A Day Jan 13

Do I look more like my identical twin sister Audrey ...


Or like my big sister Emma?
Or do we just seem alike because there are always
shenanigans afoot when we're together???


Today I need to practise more thankfulness than usual.  We have reached that point in the school holidays where my sanity is starting to unravel.  I haven't had any respite for nearly four weeks and the strain is starting to show.  My only hope in times like this is to cling to God and the truth of the gospel.  Being thankful helps me do that - it helps keep the balance by reminding me of all the many good things God has given me - even when the daily grind seems overwhelming.  And it does seem overwhelming.

Today I am thanking God for:

37.  Good Christian friends who I can openly share my struggles with and who always respond in truth and love;

38.  The prayers of those friends;

39.  Salvation and the hope of heaven - not only will all the suffering of this world be done away with but so too will my sinful nature;

40.  My girls;

41.  A successful hair cut mission for all three of them today;

42.  Murray unpacking the dishwasher AND doing the dishes tonight (not by choice of course but who cares as long as I didn't have to do it);

43.  A new in home respite package for Ashlea (what shall I do with my 3 hours a week?);

44.  A comfy couch to plant my backside on now that the kids are in bed;

45.  The hope of sleep.

Philippians 4:6 
Do not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

4 comments:

Julie C said...

Hi Al, You are not alone. We all get to the point in the holidays where we want them to end. The terms are busy and crazy but these holidays drag on and on and on. Julie P.s my kids don't want them to end - ever. P.p.s I am loving the bible verses.

Alison said...

Yes Julie my kids would happily have the holidays continue forever!

Samantha said...

Hi Alison, I think the coping mechanisms you've just described are awesome, I pray that you will be given all the resilience, patience and strength you need, and joy in these last weeks of holidays too.

Today I am

38 Thankful for time to play with friends
39 Thankful for Marigolds to water
40 Thankful for phrases from the sandpit like, we are making icecream mummy because we are persons who take out tonsils
41 Thankful for the opportunity to transcribe my Grannie’s memories, so thankful that she wrote them down...

Alison said...

Samantha how precious that you have your Grandmother's memories recorded.