Sunday, January 19, 2014

Photo A Day Jan 19

Bags packed ready for camp

Emma and Audrey are off to camp this week.  Day camp only - can you imagine Emma's reaction if I sent her on overnight camp?  I really hope that trying new activities in a new environment will be a positive, confidence boosting experience for them both - particularly for Emma.  At the moment she is refusing to go so we shall see how it all pans out!  It's going to be a busy morning - I have to drop the girls off, then put the van in for modifications, return to work AND I'm still sick.  Did I mention camp starts at 8am - a whole hour before my kids are usually awake in the morning?  Wish us luck!

Today I am thanking God for:

61.  Church, sermons that make you think and people to discuss the big questions of life with;

62.  The satisfaction that comes from killing ants - what were they doing in my bathroom anyway?

63.  The chance to sit in front of the cricket for a couple of hours.

Philippians 4:6 
Do not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

8 comments:

melissa date said...

What have you and Ashlea planned? What a lovely chance for the two of you to do some fun stuff together :)

Alison said...

Well I have to work tomorrow, and then Murray has an appointment on Tuesday and Ashlea one on Wednesday morning....

After all that is done though I am hoping to take her to see Frozen after our failed attempt last week. Possibly to the pool if I"m feeling brave and it's hot enough. We need to do the back to school shopping too - things like that. She will miss 'her girls' I think.

Sylvia said...

Feel better soon..please! It really is scary how much your Emma is like My Jeremiah. We had to force him to go to camp last summer too. It was sleep over camp. It really got him out of his comfort zone! Even though he admitted he had fun- as soon as he came home he announced he wasn't going next year! Too much time away from online games! I hope your girls love camp!

Bethe77 said...

Camp sounds fun! im sure once they get there they will adjust and have a great time! Blessings

Big brother, Little sister. said...

I really hope the girls settle and enjoy their days, and that you and Ashlea have some nice time together xx

Alison said...

Oh Sylvia - they are so similar!!

Bethe and Bron - thanks - I hope they enjoy it. Emma put up a fuss this morning but from what my spies in the church office upstairs tell me she seems to be enjoying herself.

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

I hope it went well. Sitting down anywhere for two hours sounds great to me :)

Alison said...

Thanks Alicia - it is going REALLY well.