Saturday, January 4, 2014

Photo A Day: Jan 4

Do you need a closer up pic of what's going
on in our backyard?

Today I am thanking God for:

10.  Long, lazy summer days spent in our backyard beach;

11.  A lizard evicted.  On 13th Dec I posted on Facebook about a frantic chase around my lounge room to try and chase out a (large) lizard.  I finally got him out of the house today.  Yes he has been living under my lounge for the last 22 days;

12.  A few people willing to join me in the thankfulness challenge.


Here it is - This is what Ashlea spent her Christmas money on.
We all approve.

2 Thess 5: 16-18 
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I love your backyard beach - so colourful and no parking problems!
Today I am thankful to God for
1) A visit from my Hong Kong based sister and her family and the fun of spending ordinary time together (though of course ordinary was made extra special by their presence).
2) For the gift of a sister who manages to do many loads of washing without anyone even realising she is doing it.
3) For my nephew Henry’s love of wildlife and his ability to catch dragonflys and cicadas bare-handed. Walking with him makes me slow down and look more closely at the things I usually walk swiftly past.
4) The first night without pull-ups for my daughter going smoothly – here is hoping it continues!

Sylvia said...

UGH! Your summer pics are killing me! It's been like -2 with one foot of snow on the ground over here! We had a similar problem to your lizard one but with a squirrel! So annoying! Today I'm thankful for a (relatively) warm home to live in!

Alison said...

Samantha I couldn't imagine if my sister lived in another country!!

Sylvia - a squirrel would freak me out more I think. Somehow they seem more active???

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Money well spent indeed, that looks like the life :) Great shot with the glasses :)