Monday, January 6, 2014

Photo A Day Jan 6

 Let's paint ourselves with chalk they said.
It will be fun they said.
And it was - until they couldn't wash it off.

Today I am thanking God for:

16.  Summer swim school for the girls (it has been a long time between swimming lessons), fun in the pool for Ashlea and I, and friends to hang out with at the pool after.  Also friends (and friendly strangers!) who helped Ashlea and I in and out of the pool;

17.  Salt free sausages - I think they're delicious but I'm not sure that anyone else agrees with me;

18.  Is it bad that I am also thankful that our fish have finally died.  I am planning on disposing of their bodies once the girls have gone to bed tonight and I am NEVER again agreeing to keeping fish as pets.  It's probably bad to thank God for the death of one of His creatures isn't it?  If you would prefer something more sanitary I could say I am thankful for finding Ashlea's lost furby - which I am - but nowhere near as thankful as I am about the demise of the fish!

Psalm 107:1 
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; 
His love endures forever.



3 comments:

Samantha said...

Today I started out thankful for
1) a trip to the library and a bag loaded with books
2) a deliciously refreshing pineapple and mint juice at the cafe nearby

and now I am feeling very thankful for my beautiful Granny who is waiting to be with Jesus this evening. May she rejoice in his presence soon.

Alison said...

Oh Samantha - I will pray for you and your Granny.

Samantha said...

Thank you for your prayers Alison. She passed away peacefully last night.